• Most items use ASTM A-500 Gr B 3” x 3” x .188 steel square tubing weighing 7.04 lbs./ft. or ASTM A-500 Gr B 2 1/2” x 2 1/2” x .188 steel square tubing weighing 5.75 lbs./ft. Some items use 2” x 2” x .120 steel square tubing weighing 4.32 lbs./ft. All flat welds are ground, sanded and polished to a smooth finish for appearance. All exposed tube ends are capped.
• All machine cables use 3/16” diameter 7x19 galvanized steel aircraft cable that is nylon coated to 1/4” diameter. Stainless steel thimbles are used for all eyes.
• Heavy duty 40 oz. Expanded Vinyl used on all items requiring upholstery.Choice of colors available. Upholstery corners are stitched.
• Super 12 lb. density neoprene closed cell padding is used for support. 3/4” plywood is used for support. T-Nut fasteners.
• Baked on Electrostatically Applied Powder Coating having a Specific Gravity of 1.2-1.7g/cm cubed. Cured at 340 degrees for 15 min. after substrate material has reached 340 degrees. Gloss levels to be between 55-65 according to TSO 2813/60 degrees. Available in a variety of basic colors at no additional charge. Applied to a minimum of 3 mils thickness. Surfaces are sand blasted and DA sanded prior to painting.
• Nice 1630 DS precision ground sealed bearings are used at all hinge points. 4 1/2” precision ball bearing pulleys are used on all machines. Samson uses three sizes of Lineal Ball Bearing Systems (1 1/2”, 1 1/4”, & 1” lineal ball bearings); all systems use Rockwell 60 case hardened shafting.
Seat and Height Adjustment
• Spring-loaded pop-pins are used for quick and easy adjusting. Telespar, a snug fitting telescoping square tubing, is used for tight solid feel of stability. All adjustable parts to have brushed finish, made of type 304 stainless steel (with a 400 grit finish) with numbered window system.
• Weight stacks to be made of Steel, no cast iron or other alloy material will be substituted. Steel plates will not break or fracture like alloy or cast iron. All weight stack plates to be painted black with corresponding weight marks clearly visible to the user. Weight plate guide rods are solid 1” round ground steel, Industrial chrome plated. All selector plates are machined steel with machined MDS bushings in every plate and MDS cushioning between every plate. All weights are lifted by 7/8” round solid cold rolled steel selector shafts with bright polished chrome finish. All weight stacks use magnetic selector pin.
Weight Horn Storage
Olympic plates are stored on weight horns that are secured to equipment frames with 3/8" grade 5 bolts. The horns are constructed of 2" OD x .120 round tubing and are welded to 2 1/2" x 3/8" flat strap. Each horn includes a 3/4" solid rubber donut to protect frame and uses a plastic cap on the end. All horns are covered with clear baked on electrostatically applied powder coating finish.
All free weight or plate loaded equipment is available with glyce (UHMW) shields to help prevent scratching from bars and weights. Black in color.
For additional information or specifications on individual pieces of equipment, call our toll-free number at 1-800-4SAMSON